Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Passion

Photography... I cannot think of a more beautiful art form. It shows the beauty in simple every day things, it shows beauty in things we may have before considered flaws, it captures precious moments that we may otherwise forget, it tells the story of the simple little blue bird perched on the fence in your back yard, photography leaves nothing to be desired. It is my dream to eventually become one of the best when it comes to photography. I want to be able to help people see the world in new ways, I want to help open their eyes to things they may not have before seen or noticed, I want to be able to capture the absolute beauty that shy girl possesses, or even capture the total majesty of the wild lion. I definitely have big hopes for myself when it comes to this wonderful art form, they may seem silly or far out at times, but I refuse to ever give up on them. It is never too late to pursue your dreams, so if any one out there is wishing they had continued down the path to their dream that they may have fallen off of, or if they have been shot down before and given up, no matter how old or young you are, I strongly encourage you to keep going for it, dreams and hopes are part of what makes us who we are and we should all be able to achieve that goal we have.

All of that said, I am going to share some of my photography. I am far from being amazing at it, I am definitely not saying I am great or anything, I'm a work in progress. Everything I know about photography is pretty much self taught. I learn through trial and error, watching those that are the best, or seeing something that inspires me, or by simply just deciding to take a leap of faith and hoping it will work. Sometimes I feel discouraged, like I'm not going anywhere or getting any better... But I still love it, and looking at past photos I've taken compared to the ones I take now, I know I have gotten better. So here I go, sharing some of my work. I hope that it can inspire someone, make someone happy, show someone a new perspective, or bring beauty into someone's life that they haven't really noticed lately. Along with my photos I'll write some of the things that I find very true about photography. Here it goes!


Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.


Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of common place, the slaves of the ordinary. 


Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask "how", while others of a more curious nature will ask "why". Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information.


Pick a theme, and work it to exhaustion... The subject must be something you truly love or truly hate. Something that brings passion out in you.


A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective. 


Remember, the person you are photographing is 50% of the portrait and you are the other 50%. You need the model as much as he or she needs you.


You don't take a photograph, you make it.


You've got to push yourself harder. You've got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You've got to take the tools you have and probe deeper.


I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn't that good.


What I like about photographs is they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce.


Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.


The camera is an instrument that teaches people to see without a camera.


Above all, life for a photographer cannot be a matter of indifference. 


Sometimes I arrive right when God is ready for someone to click the shutter.


The earth is art, the photographer is only a witness.


A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know.


Sorry this was so long.. I just started going and I didn't really want to stop. I love sharing things like this. It makes me happy. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and seeing what I have to share. If you liked what you saw, you can visit my website sometime, http://madikatephotography.weebly.com/ I update it with as much of my new work as often as I can. Thanks for reading :)
















2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog. They are fun. I took a photography class in high school and it was my favorite class I ever took. I never took the time to develop it though so I really love when I see people putting in the effort and capturing the beauty and emotions of the world. You have a great talent, I especially like the picture of the piano and rose. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm glad I started one too. I've wanted to for so long, and now that I have I definitely see why everyone loves it so much. I'm glad you liked the pictures.

    ReplyDelete