Saturday, June 15, 2013

And she cried... And she laughed....

Have you ever looked upon something that was once a huge part of your life, that no longer amazes you? Do you remember looking upon a new box of crayons with starry eyes? Have you ever visited a place that was so important to you when you were young and felt that sadness when you realized it was no longer that special or wondrous? Have you looked at something that felt so huge when you were young and noticed how very small it is now? Does it make you cry to now see these things? Does it make you laugh? Or do you not notice all of this, do you not feel this way? Are you still full of that starry eyed wonder that you once had? Do you still see the world as a grand place with never ending secrets and stories? Do you still have that child inside of you?

I wish we didn't have to grow up...

I wish I never longed to grow up when I was young..

I wish we could all hold on to that child inside...

I wish I could still see everything as perfect like I once did..

Nothing will be the same.. As moments pass, as time goes on, you can no longer recreate or relive those things.. Not really. Why do we not cherish every second of our short lives? Why do we choose to look at negative things? Why do we not appreciate all we have? Why do we long for what we don't have?

Why is being human so horrible yet insanely beautiful at the same time?

Does it make you cry?... Does it make you laugh?.. Do you feel any of it at all?.. I do..

I see the things that once amazed me. I see the things that I once thought were so grand and now realize how small they are. I visit places I once loved and cherished and no longer feel the wonderment I once did. And I cry.. I cry because I wish I still had that child inside of me, I wish I could find her again, I wish nothing had to change and that I could rewind time with all that I know now. And I laugh.. I laugh because life is always beautiful, even now when things don't seem as amazing, even now when I see things differently, because change isn't all bad, I just appreciate the world in a different way from before. And I cry because of all of the pain the past held, and because of the simple fact that it happened... And I laugh because of all the of the happiness the past held, and because of the simple fact that it all happened.

But what is better? The feeling of complete awe, or the new appreciation you gain as you grow older? Do things change, do they really? Or is it just us, our state of mind that changes?

Can you regain that child inside? Do you want to?... Should you?

And she cried... And she laughed...

No comments:

Post a Comment