Monday, June 24, 2013

Broken bodies. Broken souls.

I don't know if it's sad or if it's comforting.... But everyday I am realizing more and more that there are more people out there like me, more people out there with similar struggles and similar secrets that they hide away in the darkest corners of their souls... Similar things that hold them back from their true potential. And I don't know what it is that keeps people so scared. I know I was, I am just barely kind of starting to come out of myself and say to the world and the people in it "This is me, this is what I love, this is my soul, my truest form of myself... And if you don't like it, that's too bad." It's been hard, let me tell ya, and I don't think it'll get easier for a little while. But it'll be worth it. And it's also ten times better than completely stifling myself and my spirit, it's ten times better than being completely sad inside kicking and screaming inside but putting on a happy face for the world.... The saying "fake it till you make it" is a completely horrible and untrue saying.

My only question is why? Why did it take so stinking long for me to wake up? And why does it take even longer for others to wake up, and why is it that some never do? My best bet is it's the fear... But the people you will lose weren't ever really there or you if they leave (I know that doesn't take away the hurt but it's true, and better people will take their place), some people will surprise you and love you more because of your choice, you will feel freer and happier, you will be more confident, new doors will open, dreams will start being realized...

Basically I'm saying yes it's hard to open up and be totally you and it is scary.. But not as scary as we make it out to be... And the pros far out weigh the cons... So why not do it? 

So if you're struggling with something, if something just isn't right about your life, if you are hiding away a key part of you.. Do something about it!! No more hiding. This world can only become a better place if we as the people in it do something first..

Be daring. Be brave. Take a leap of faith.

1 comment: