Monday, March 2, 2015

Dear Lover,

Dear lover, care taker, husband, best friend, and high light to my day..

Dear Kevin..

I have so much I want to say to you, and not enough words to capture it all... 

Everyone warned me that after the engagement excitement, and the months and months of wedding planning, the big day, and the being whisked off to a much needed honeymoon right after it all, I'd feel a lull and a kind of depression/down time.. Because after all that hype for so long it just suddenly stops.. No warning, no gradual descent.. It's just over.. And then what do you do? For so long the purpose was pulling that wedding together.. For so long it was all about running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and not nearly enough time in the day.. Then all of a sudden, BAM, life is just normal and mundane, back to the old grind, almost like none of that fairy tale time ever happened. 

And I'll admit, it has hit me a little bit.. But I wouldn't call it depression, just a slight lull in life. We have our new apartment, our big day has come and gone, our honeymoon has also come and gone.. And I see couples getting newly engaged, or just barely seeing their engagement pictures for the first time, and I miss that feeling. That extreme high that gives you amazing butterflies in your stomach everyday, there is truly nothing like it. But has this feeling smashed me and totally taken over my life like some people would of had me believe it would do? No. Simply no. Why? Well, it's because of you. There is a whole new kind of excitement in my life now..

I didn't say yes when you got down on one knee almost a year ago in Disneyland only because I just wanted a wedding day.. I wanted a marriage. I wanted you. You and me forever, taking on the world together as an unstoppable duo. I wanted to wake up to your disheveled hair and little grumblings in the morning. I wanted to feel your warm arms wrap completely around me protectively in the biggest bear hug ever everyday for the rest of my life.. I didn't want to ever miss seeing the wonderful gleam in your eye whenever you see a new Lego set.. Or miss hearing your extremely contagious laugh echo through the halls of the house... Or have to fondly remember the way you crack yourself up whenever you tell a joke. I wanted all of you, everyday, for the rest of forever, just like you wanted all of me. Flaws, bad hair days, and all.

You are everything to me and more. Yes it is slightly impossible to not feel a slight low after all that hype. But all it is for me is a slight change in pace. Because we still have so much to look forward to in life together. So many more firsts and exciting things to come for us. And when I think of that, or wake up to your amazing eyes looking right back at me.. I get a new kind of excitement in my stomach. 

I am so excited to get our first house together.. To buy our first dog together... Our first nice car.. Our first child.. Our first trip to Disney World, or a Disney Cruise.. And so many more amazing firsts. So much of this amazing life to take on with my partner in crime right by my side.

I am so overjoyed that I married you. And I will always look back fondly on this time in our lives. But I am much more excited to really get our lives together going.. The possibilities are endless!

I love you, Kevin, to the moon and back. You're the peanut butter to my jelly, the Han to my Leia, the butterflies in my belly, the apple to my pie, the Merry to my Pippin, the John to my Sherlock, the straw to my berry, the Westley to my Buttercup, the Nutella to my bread, the hazelnut to my coffee, the Sam to my Dean, the Link to my Zelda, the Arthur to my Merlin, the pep in my step, the sun to my shine, the vanilla to my coke, the peanut butter to my chocolate, the whipped cream to my ice cream.. You're the Forever to my Always.. 

I know the rest of my life is going to be a fairy-tale, because you are definitely my knight in shining armor. You lift me up like no one else can, you make me smile even when it's the last thing I feel like doing, you take care of me when I'm sick, and hold me when I cry, I know you'd do anything to see my smile (including making a fool of yourself in public), you're my voice of reason when I have none, and secretly I'll always love it when you tickle attack me.. I am the luckiest in the whole world. You're my reason, my universe. I wouldn't trade a moment with you for anything else. 

Know that I am always very grateful to you, even when it may not seem like it. Know that I love you deeply, even when I don't always say it enough. Know that I see how much you do for us, even when you feel inadequate. Know I'll always be by your side, even when it's rough. Know I'll always try to make you feel those butterflies you continue to make me feel on a daily basis. 

Are you excited for our future too? I sure hope you are.. Because I'm bounce off the walls, jump up and down, crazy dance excited for it! And I don't want to be the only one with a goofy smile on my face over it. 

Forever yours..

-Princess 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment