Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wonderfully and Beautifully Made.

The world is an ugly place. And no one can convince me otherwise. There may be beauty in it here and there... But the beauty is hidden behind the grey cloud that has been accumulating over the years that continues the blanket society.

The world is ugly. But I am convinced that it can be beautiful again... I have to believe that. I do believe that. And I hold on to it every day from the moment I get up, to the moment I go back to bed. Day in and day out. I hold on to it every time I look on Facebook and see all the posts full of depression and hate that make my heart sink. I hold on to it now, and I will hold on to it forever.

I may not be alive when the change that needs to happen finally comes to pass.. But it will happen. And I will be a part of that change, however small. 

The world has become a place where Christians are no longer Christ like, religion and law have melted together, freedom is not really free, and people claim that hate is love.

You only have to look toward one issue to see that this is all true... And that is the topic of same sex marriage. 



Every day I see people who claim to be Christ's example spread hate and discrimination towards these people, often under the ruse that it is "out of love". I see the LGBT community getting so frustrated and hurt that they eventually lash out with hate as well. I see hearts being crushed because once again they were denied the happiness that marriage can bring, a right that everyone should be able to have. I see families turning their backs on a sibling, a child, an aunt, an uncle, because that person could no longer live a lie and people fear what they do not understand. 

Every day I see a war. A war between God's creations that he most loves. And I can't help but think that every day we are breaking our creators heart. And to think about that it breaks my heart. 

It is said that we are all wonderfully and beautifully made in God's own image, and we are all one in the same, carrying a piece of our amazing creator inside of us. 

It is also said that God loves each and every one of us unconditionally and equally. That he created us exactly how he intended for us to be, with absolutely no flaws in His eyes. 

So why is it that we feel we can just veto His will, and pick at people, and tell them what is wrong about them and why? Since when did we as human beings receive that right? Since when were we told that we should turn our backs on others because they believe differently, or love differently, or think differently? Since when were we told that we should shove our beliefs in other people's faces, and tell them that if they didn't believe it they would be going to Hell? Since when did God decide that He would keep families and loved ones apart if they didn't join a specific man made religion? Since when?

I refuse to believe that a beautiful and merciful God would ever so harshly punish one of His creations that He loves so dearly, simply for being the way that He created them. 

I do not believe that you will go to Hell if you are gay. I do not believe that being gay is in anyway a sin. And I do not believe that a basic human right, such as marriage, should ever be kept from you because you are gay. 

Being gay is beautiful. So is being straight. And so is being transsexual. And do you want to know why? Because you are wonderfully and beautifully made in God's image. You were born the way you are, and no human being should ever be able to tell you that being yourself is in any way wrong.  

Anyone who tells you that you are sinning or you are doing something wrong because you're gay, because their religion said so, is never doing it "out of love". They are doing it because they fear what they do not understand. If you are ever wanting to change someone, change what they want, think, or feel.. You do not love them. Love is a total and complete acceptance for who they are in every way, and supporting them in it. 

Do you think God, who loves you completely, is sitting there going "oh, he/she needs to change this about themselves.. Otherwise I cannot fully accept them.". No. He is not. Because in his eyes, you are perfect... Because he made you that way.

Do not preach complete love and free agency if you do not follow it yourself. Do not claim to be an example of Christ if what you are doing is the exact opposite of what he would do if he was here. 

We are all one in the same... And I pray that one day it won't matter what your sexual orientation is, what language you speak, what religion you belong to, what gender you are, or what the color of your skin is... I pray that eventually there will really be total love and acceptance.. And not just false idea's of it.

Until then I will stick to the very wise word's of John Lennon:

"Imagine there's no Heaven.. It's easy if you try. No Hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people livin' for today. Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too. Imagine all the people livin' life in peace.. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world will be as one.."

Until then.. I will keep on dreaming. And hoping..



No comments:

Post a Comment