Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lioness

For me.. Life lately has been an adventure of even more self discovery. It always astonishes me how much we don't even know about ourselves, and how much we can learn in just a matter of minutes. 

But even though I have been learning some new things I can't say I have been very shocked.. I guess I just kind of always knew about them in the back of my mind.. I just chose to bury it all throughout different parts of my life. 

Basically all I can really say is my lioness is coming out.. The huge part of me that is unbelievably strong is tired of sleeping. I am ready to wake up. And I am bringing every single part of me with it. I am embracing this blazing fire of strength and I am letting it engulf me. I'm not really scared anymore.. I've felt this part of me before at different times but I've always stifled it. Because I feared it. Not anymore. I am sick of being viewed as weak. I am sick of standing silently in the shadows. I am tired of being ran over and undervalued. I know I have a lot to offer this world and I am starting to get ready to do that.

Be prepared to see a different side of me. Don't get me wrong.. I won't be changing too much.. But just don't be surprised if you see a different light and strength and presence about me. 




Recently I have been able to talk with a new found friend in my life.. And he has truly taught me so much... About life, about obstacles and how you can overcome them, about embracing my spirit, and my huge value. He and I have a lot in common.. And it has been so wonderful to learn from him. I truly look up to him.. He sees the roaring lioness inside me, and he has helped me to see it.

I have yet to perfect this hew art form of accepting my whole self without worrying about what others think of me.. But I am truly and completely enjoying the journey. 

I am tired of not being loved back the way I have loved others, I am tired of not being heard, I am tired of people not really seeing me, I am tired of others defining me, I am tired of standing in my own way, I am tired... Tired of how my life has been lived so far and how others in my life have treated me and people I love. 

I am worth it. I am strong. I am beautiful. I am amazing. I am smart. I have value. I am a lioness.

So watch out... I am breaking free.

And I won't be chained again.

No comments:

Post a Comment