Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ahhhh.. Weddings!

Goodness gracious!

Planning a wedding is stressful! Who knew! Besides all of you lovely women who have already been through the whole process and successfully completed it. 

Sometimes, I'll be honest, I seriously consider just eloping to Vegas and having some Elvis impersonator marry us at one of those crappy drive through chapels.. 

But then I remind myself that my dream is to have a gorgeous and memorable wedding.. And while the whole Elvis idea would most definitely be memorable, it would be seriously lacking in the whole gorgeous department. 

All I'm saying is that when planning a wedding you seem to easily forget all the things that need to be done. The big things are easy to remember. Like the venue, the dress and so on.. But what about the guest book? And the pens for the guest book? 

Not to discourage any of you new lovely brides out there. Wedding planning is amazing, and it does have it's perks. All I'm saying is don't assume you have everything under control too early. Assume you are missing something. Perhaps go to a wedding that is taking place before yours (that you are invited to of course!) and take a look at everything they pulled together. 

You will really be surprised by what has slipped your pretty little mind.. 

Or am I crazy? Am I the only engaged woman going through this faze of wedding planning? I mean I could believe it if someone told me I was. Sadly I tend to be a bit scatter brained, and a bit of a procrastinator.. Which I have come to find is a really bad thing to be when it comes to weddings! 

Trust me, figuring it all out.. And having it done months before your wedding.. Is a way better idea than letting it all wait and cramming it all into a month. 

Mark my words.. The ride will be a bumpy one... Worth it in the end.. But bumpy none the less!

XOXO

Madison 

No comments:

Post a Comment